Friday, December 11, 2009

Walgreens - Week 2 (I think I'm improving)

I am getting better at this Walgreens game, though I am still working out some of the kinks. Most notably, it took me no fewer than 7 trips this week to get everything I wanted! Part of the problem is I was indecisive, but there is also the problem that many Walgreens sell out of the sale items. Luckily, I have found a stealth Walgreens location that seems to have plenty of everything available. Hopefully their lack of traffic won't result in their going out of business just as I start to get really good at this!

Here is a summary of my transactions for this week:

#1 - Stayfree maxi pads, sale price $1.99, used $1/1 coupon, paid $.99 OOP and received $2 RR

#2 - Conair brushes, sale price $2, Stimudent dental picks, sale price $2, Christmas bows, $.39 w/in-ad coupon (filler item, might not have been necessary had I planned a little better), used $4 RR from previous purchases, paid $.39 OOP and received $4 RR

#3 - Renu contact solution twin-pack, sale price $9.99, used $2/1 coupon, candy canes, $.39 B1G1 free w/in-ad coupon (filler item), used $4 RR from #2, paid $4.38 OOP and received $10 RR

#4 - Dove soap, (2) 6-packs, sale price $5.99, used $1/1 coupon, used $10 RR from #3, paid $.98 OOP and received $3 RR

#5 - Kellogg's cereal, 4 boxes, sale price $1.99, used $5/4 coupon, another package Stayfree maxis, used $1/1 coupon, used $3 RR, paid $.95 OOP and received $2 RR for next week!

Total spent OOP: $7.69 (not including tax, which is charged on the total before coupons, so really I spent about $10.75)

RR remaining for next week: $2 (not great but better than nothing)

Average price/item: $.55!!!

For comparison's sake, I normally buy Dove soap at Walmart or Target, the 6-pack on Walmart's website is currently $7. So, for $.69 more, I got an extra 6-pack of soap, 2 packages of maxi pads, 2 bottles of contact solution, 2 hair brushes, a package of dental picks, 4 boxes of cereal, 25 Christmas bows and 2 candy canes. Plus, I still have $2 to spend next week. Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment