Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dinner Tonight: Sloppy Joes



OK, so it's a bit of a cop-out, but I use Manwich sloppy joe sauce to make sloppy joes. One time I made them from scratch using a Rachael Ray recipe - they were okay but nowhere near worth the extra effort. This might be one of my favorite meals for one reason only - I think it's the fastest thing I make. It takes less than 10 minutes to brown a pound of meat and add the sauce, then you just stick it on a bun. Sooooo easy! Pretty tasty too, and kid-friendly, or in my case, husband-that-eats-like-a-kid friendly. I serve with chips (we happened to have a bag of sour cream & cheddar flavor on hand this time), celery sticks and ranch or blue cheese dip.
-----------------------------------
Estimated cost of meal:
Bread: $1
Ground turkey: $1.50
Manwich: $1
Celery: $.40
Dip: $.20
Chips: $.70
Total: $4.80
Former life total: Dinner @ McDonald's (they serve meat on a bun too): $10
Leaner Life Savings: $5.20 or 52%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment