Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dinner Tonight: Boneless Buffalo Wings


One of our favorite places to eat out is Buffalo Wild Wings. They make really good wings, both boneless and regular. Contrary to my mom's belief, bonelss wings are not actually wings with the bones removed. They are more like chicken nuggets tossed in wing sauce, little bites of white meat chicken breaded and deep-fried.
I have an aversion to using my deep fryer since it makes the house smell like grease for days, so I have never attempted to make my own buffalo wings. Since we aren't eating out much, we basically just have to live without them or eat alternatives like Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
When I went to Hen House's Holiday Open House, they had their deli's boneless wings available as part of their samples. They were pretty tasty, and I thought they'd be a good thing to grab for dinner but they were around $7/lb which seemed pretty high. So, when I saw they were on sale this week for $4/lb I decided to put them on the menu.
I bought a little over a pound (the amount that fit in the quart-sized container). The instructions said to microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot, but I thought they'd be too soggy if I did that. Instead, I put them in the oven while it was preheating to make the fries. The fries had to cook at 450 degrees so I didn't want them to be in that high of an oven for fear that they would burn or dry out, so I removed them once it was preheated and stuck them back in for the last couple of minutes to make sure they were nice and hot.
The sauce that they use is a bit sweet but fairly good. My favorite sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings is the Spicy Garlic and it is much better, but for the price I think these were worth it. It was also worth it to not have to attempt to fry them myself.
I just served with fries, celery & blue cheese for dipping.

--------------------------------

Estimated cost of meal

Chicken: $4.55
Fries: $1.25
Celery: $.50
Blue Cheese: $.20

Total: $6.50

Former life total: Dinner @ Buffalo Wild Wings: $30

Leaner Life Savings: $23.50 or 78%!!!

1 comment:

Arving Rana SEO said...

You have written a very nice post thanks for sharing i would like to read more post like this in future. quill cyber monday sale deals

Post a Comment