Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dinner Tonight: Christmas Eve @ the In-Laws

No cooking tonight - yay! There was a big spread at hubby's aunt's house but I only had to bring some l'il smokies. I think I may have overcooked them, or the turkey variety I bought isn't very good, but the texture was awful. Hardly anyone even ate them but we started dinner pretty early and not many of the appetizers were eaten, so I'm not sure if it was because word got out that they were bad!
We have a horrible snow storm going on here! It's the first white Christmas in Kansas City (where it snowed at least 1 inch on Christmas Day) since 1962. That's my factoid of the day. I think that whoever kept singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" never had to drive anywhere during a blizzard warning. It started out as mostly sleet and the roads were pretty bad going to the party, but it got even worse as it accumulated and turned to snow as we were on our way home. Thankfully we made it back safe and sound! Now we just have to try and make it to my mom's tomorrow for our biscuits and gravy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment