Merry Christmas week! At hubby's suggestion, we just yesterday decided to plan a rather last-minute Christmas dinner for his immediate family. Since we usually go to his extended family celebration on Christmas Eve and have Christmas with my family whenever my brother & sister-in-law can make it into town (this year on New Year's), we don't generally do a traditional Christmas dinner. Maybe this will be the start of a new tradition. My mother has graciously agreed to host since our house is not fit for visitors. Pictures and recipes to follow, hopefully daily but if I'm shopping for/wrapping presents I might not keep up very well...
- Monday: Asian chicken salad, garlic bread
- Tuesday: Frito pie
- Wednesday: Bacon-wrapped beef filets (bought @ Walmart for $.98!), baked potatoes, asparagus, some sort of bread
- Thursday: Christmas Eve @ the in-laws (I'm bringing l'il smokies, cooked a la these meatballs that were a big hit at Thanksgiving)
- Friday: Ham, rice pilaf, baked beans, green beans, rolls
- Saturday: Tuna casserole (carry-over from last week), French bread
- Sunday: Turkey burgers, fries
For more menu planning ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.