Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Sausage Dip

I was supposed to make fajitas tonight, but I wasn't feel very well.  We were watching football and I felt like having some snacks, so I quickly threw together some sausage dip, which ended up becoming dinner.  Hubby wasn't thrilled but he humored me since he knew I wasn't up to cooking a full meal, but he was still hungry!  Poor guy. 
This dip is inspired by something his relatives always make for family gatherings. I'm not sure what is in theirs, but I took a guess and my version tastes very similar.  I used a full pound of sausage and it was a little too sausage-y, so next time I would use less or add more cheese/Ro-tel.

Sausage Dip

Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chiles
Cream cheese

Brown sausage, add cheese and Ro-tel, mix until cheese melts in and everything is well-combined. 

Simple but oh so good for snacking!  Serve with tortilla chips or any other dippers that you choose.

---------------------------------

Estimated cost of meal:

Sausage: $2
Cream cheese: $.50
Tomatoes: $.80
Chips: $1

Total: $4.30

Former life total: Dinner @ Coach's: $24

Leaner Life Savings: $19.70 or 82%!!

No comments:

Post a Comment