Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers


My original menu plan was pretty open for tonight since I didn't know what would be happening with my family. We went to my mom's house this morning for biscuits and gravy and then just took home leftovers from Thursday & Friday's dinners to eat tonight. I had leftover prime rib & horseradish sauce, hubby had prime rib and brisket. I made a new batch of the potatoes we served on Friday and they were even better since we were able to eat them as soon as they came out of the pan! I decided we needed a vegetable so I threw together some grean beans with my usual combination of bacon bits & dried onion flakes. I also picked up some rolls for $.99 at the store today and they were really crusty and delicious! This was a very economical meal since I only had to buy the rolls and the rest was leftover or already on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment