Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dinner Tonight: Cold Cut Sandwiches

For hubby this meal was a bit of a repeat, since he made himself some sandwiches last week while I was at my mom's house.  Thankfully he agreed to eat them again as we were trying to get rid of some of the cold cuts that had piled up in our fridge. 
We had Hilshire Farms Deli Select oven-roasted turkey and hard salami this time. We added chipotle-cheddar cheese, lettuce, red onion, Miracle Whip and pepperoncini and deli mustard for me.  After 5+ years of marriage, I determined that hubby prefers mayonnaise on his sandwich.  I thought that he like Miracle Whip but apparently he is just okay with it and would rather have mayo.  We always have both on hand so this isn't a problem it was just strange to find it out so late in the game!  Oops! 
I buy bolillo rolls from the Walmart bakery and they are really good!  I am continuously amazed at how good the Walmart bakery is in general.  I always like their fresh breads and they are very reasonably priced. 

-------------------------------------

Estimated cost of meal

Meat: $2
Bread: $1
Cheese: $1.15
Condiments: $.30
Veggies: $.50
Chips: $.70

Total: $5.65

Former life total: Dinner @ Mr. Goodcents: $14

Leaner Life Savings: $8.35 or 60%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment