On the bright side, this change of events does gives me license to create a whole other post devoted to my birthday! Though I suppose it's my blog and I could have done that anyway. Behold the power!
My twenties are officially over, I think that calls for a moment of silence. (insert silence)
Phew, between that and Wordless Wednesday it's hard to be so quiet.
My blog buddy Em has assured me that turning 30 is fabulous. So far, I'd like to respectfully disagree. Here is an up-to-the-minute summary of today's events (and a couple from yesterday):
- Received a call from my brother to discuss the amazing email he and my sister-in-law sent to my mom the other day. This is a story for another post, but trust me it's hilarious. My family is weird, but in a good way. After this my (older) brother asked me how it felt to have my youth slipping away. Nice.
- Called and woke up my mom requesting she scan and email me a baby picture for my WW post.
- Went to bed arguing with my husband about where to have dinner tonight. As my blog title is supposed to demonstrate, I'm trying to live "leaner" and so wanted to avoid a really expensive outing. He thinks I'm obsessed, but not in a good way.
- This morning decided to wear a cute new dress I just got on clearance at Kohl's for $7. Questioned by hubby about why I was so dressy, "I didn't know we were suiting up for this."
- Highlight: received my present from hubby, a copy of Chelsea Handler's new book, conveniently released the day before my birthday.
- Hubby reminded me that I share a birthday with Chuck Norris. Decided to feature him in my WW post.
- Driving to work I noticed something on my shoe. Thinking it was a piece of leather that was flaking off (I bought those on clearance too), I reached down to pick it off, only to come up with a handfull of poo. Technically it might have been mud as it wasn't really stinky, but it looked like poo. Frantically searched for something to wipe it off with while praying the light wouldn't turn green. Thank goodness I never go anywhere without my hand sanitizer.
- Heard the news that Corey Haim died. Changed WW post plans again.
- Got to work and received even more questions about why I was so dressed up - geez people it's like the Spanish Inquisition around here. Can't a girl wear a dress without having to justify it?
- Received a call from hubby to discuss Corey Haim. He told me to not let it ruin my day.
- Found out that I totally misunderstood my mom when I thought she couldn't come to my birthday dinner. It's not Valentine's Day or my anniversary Mom, so you would have been invited! But this way I get two yummy dinners in a row, and a chocolate bag.
- Things are looking up - received nice birthday wishes on Twitter and discovered a fun new blog to entertain me.
Aww, wasn't I cute?
Can I have this cake?