If so, thank you and please accept my apologies for such an extended absence. It's been five months since my last blog entry. Here is what I've been up to during that time:
- I got a job! This is the main reason for my blog silence. The temp job I started in March turned into a permanent job in June. It requires a lot of my time and zaps a lot of my energy.
- With the job came a quick return to my old ways. I haven't cooked dinner at home in months. We are eating out every night and spending a fortune doing so. I think I might do an analysis and compare the amount we spent while I was unemployed to the amount since, just out of curiosity.
- I planned a wedding for my husband's sister. More on that later.
- Our bathrooms are being remodeled, in preparation for hopefully getting our house on the market in the near future.
- I got a new laptop, and for good measure an iPad too. The laptop was needed; the sorry state of the old one contributed to the blogging hiatus. The iPad was an impulse buy, but at least I bought it during the sales tax holiday and used ebates to get cash back
- My obsession with couponing isn't completely dead. I have totally fallen in love with CVS and get as much free stuff there as possible.
- I have a blog giveaway coming soon, thanks to the lovely folks at My Blog Spark.
I will probably ease my way back into blogging, but I hope to certainly post more often that once every few months. Hopefully I will be able to build back some of my readers that I've lost and find new ones that might be interested in what I like to babble about. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things and sharing menus, recipes, freebies, deals and whatever else seems like a good idea at the time!
As a reward for reading this entire post (and either being around my age/generation or having good googling skills) I have a prize for the first person that identifies the reference in the title. Leave your response in the comments.