Monday, November 30, 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog!

The title of this blog refers to the fact that I recently lost my job and am now doing everything I can to save money and live a "leaner" more economical life. This includes cooking at home almost every night of the week, clipping coupons and anything else I can think of to conserve cash. Though the focus is mostly on a leaner wallet, eating at home instead of at restaurants will most likely also result in a leaner waistline. That's not the purpose here but could be an added bonus!

My plan is to blog about my weekly meal planning, the dinners I cook every night and the deals I find in shopping and my new hobby of couponing (until a few weeks ago I was unaware this was a verb). I've discovered some other great blogs about how to save money, but I want to focus more on food (since I love it and have been told I am really good at talking about it) and also on the local KC aspect of couponing. I've only been able to find one other blog that tracks deals at KC area grocery chains, so I hope to add that to my blog too.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment